I am and will always be a materialistic person. However, my life is beautiful because of the small moments- those intangible day to day experiences that bring joy and peace. I wouldn’t trade them for anything.
Here’s what makes my world go round:
- Waking up my daughter and staying in bed with her. The hugs and kisses make me feel blessed and most loved.
- Yoga with the morning view. Nothing makes me happier than this. I wish I was more regular.
- Weekend movie nights with husband. It’s the best time and we both look forward to it. We spend a lot of time discussing movies and even deciding what to watch next.
- 30 minutes of uninterrupted reading before bed time. I read multiple books at a time. A motivational book is always reserved for night reading.
- Listening to radio and singing along…LOUDLY! I like the suspense of what’s coming next.
- Travelling with family. Ditching the fixed routines and taking things slow. As a parent, vacations are no longer easy but getting to see the world again from a child’s eyes, is such a blessing.
- Knowing that a friend is just a phone call away. The freewheeling conversations always help me offload my worries. I am lucky to have friends who let me drop my guard and be myself. My friends also show me how to be a better person every day.
- Writing and finishing a post at one go. It doesn’t happen to me often but I try.
- Waking up on a Saturday morning and realizing it’s just the start of the weekend family time!
Some of these moments have made me realize that life is extraordinary and wonderful because of the people who made it so for me. I thank God for their presence in my life.